Pre and Post Lip Blushing
Before Your Procedure:
It is extremely important to follow all of these steps. If you arrive for your appointment, and the procedure cannot be done, there will be a $200 rebooking fee. This procedure takes a few hours from start to finish and about an hour prep and hour clean up on our part which blocks off most of our day. Please be certain that you are ready for your appointment. Bring things that may make you more comfortable (head phones (wireless ear buds only) | wear comfy clothes, etc)
Please handle all phone business before coming into your appointment. Cell phones are prohibited during the procedure. You will need to remain in the position that the artist needs you to be in...not altering to read texts and answer phone calls. Don't be in a rush. Give yourself a 4 hour window for this procedure. This procedure is an art and cannot be rushed.
1. You MUST be on prescription Valtrex at least 3 days before the procedure and remain on it at least 3 days after. If you are prone to fever blisters, take 2 a day at least 3 days before the procedure and 2 a day 7 days post procedure. Bring your prescription with you at the time of the procedure. We will not perform the procedure otherwise. You can ask your doctor for a script. If you need someone to write your script, Kaye at Lux Spa in Lafayette has agreed to see our clients for a $25 fee. 337-235-0575. This is extremely important. Fever blisters may form after a lip procedure. This will affect your healing and the way that the pigment stays in your lips. Fever blisters may cause your lip pigment to be blotchy. We suggest getting a script to last for your touch up procedure in 30-60 days. NOT TAKING VALTREX IS NOT AN OPTION EVEN IF YOU'VE NEVER HAD A FEVER BLISTER. WE WILL NOT PERFORM THE PROCEDURE IF YOU CANNOT PRESENT THE PRESCRIPTION BOTTLE WITH YOUR NAME ON IT AND HAVE BEEN TAKEN AS DIRECTED.
2. Exfoliate your lips at least 1 week before the procedure 1x day. You can purchase disposable mascara wands and chap stick to do this. Apply the chap stick and lightly exfoliate using the brush. Lips not exfoliated will not hold pigment. NO HARSH EXFOLIATING. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EXFOLIATING AND SCRUBBING. LIPS CANNOT BE RAW OR OVER EXFOLIATED FOR THE PROCEDURE.
3. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink PLENTY OF WATER. Purchase A + D ointment and hydrate your lips using this every 1-2 hours while awake. Your lips must not be dry during the procedure. (At least 6-8 times a day)
4. Do not drink alcohol at least 48 hours before your procedure.
5. No blood thinning medications for 1 week prior procedure. No antibiotics 1 week prior procedure. (besides Valtrex)
6. Although this procedure is not painful to most, some people are more sensitive than others. To maximize your comfort, we recommend dosing up every 4-6 hour with a mild pain reliever such as Tylenol for 24 hours before your procedure.
1. Apply A + D Ointment 6-8 times a day for 1 week starting the day of the procedure. Apply Lip Lock Nightly.
2. No exfoliating the lips for 7 days after procedure. Do NOT pick any scabs if they form.
3. Your lips will be a little swollen post procedure and a little darker than the desired pigment. This will subside.
4. No tanning beds or direct sun exposure for 1 week post procedure.
5. No exercising for 72 hours post procedure.
6. Take Valtrex for at least 3 days after your procedure.
Make sure to schedule your touch up before leaving your first appointment. Touch up is REQUIRED in order for lips to remain even and pigmented. The pigment will fade significantly after the initial procedure and will not stay even. The perfection session (touch up session) will lock in the pigment and fill in uneven spots that have faded. Touch ups are done not before 30 days and not after 60 days. The cost of the touch up is $150. Touch ups after 60 days will require another initial session at the initial session cost.
If you have dark or pigmented lips, be aware that BEFORE lip blushing can be done, lip color must be neutralized. This is an advanced procedure and takes multiple sessions to achieve. Cost for this procedure is an addition to the actual lip blushing. This is determined before the procedure is booked when you sent photos.
Do not bring children with you to the procedure. We will also not allow anyone else in the procedure room with you. It is very important for your artist not to be disturbed during the procedure.